I also thought of my mother. Mother's Day fell on what was her birthday. She would have been 80 years old. She passed away 11 years ago. I wonder how she would have been as a 80 year old woman. Would she still be the same active person she was at 68? Would she have liked being 80? She wasn't thrilled about getting older, but she was accepting it when she was diagnosed with lung cancer. She was starting a new chapter in her life and she was excited to live it. The cancer was not part of the plan and it struck with a fierce vengeance. It took her quickly, swiftly. It left us (her children) devastated, sad, deflated and lost. I'm sad she never got to be at my wedding, never got to be Grammie to my children and never got to live in her dream house. I miss her everyday.
The good thing about this time of year is that it's Spring. It has sprung and the warm weather is fast approaching. I planted window boxes yesterday. The burst of color on my back deck is a sight for sore eyes. I love the longer days. I love playing outside until dusk. I love walking to work.

No comments:
Post a Comment